> >> with
> >>
> >> How many emails you have on your edu account? Are you sure that google
> >> apps edu account is not some customized gmail setup that requires
> >> different IMAP/POP/SMTP servers? Are you sure that IMAP access is enabled
> >> in your edu account preferences?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Tomas
> >

> > Hi Tomas,
> > Yes imap access is enabled and I have used Thunderbird with imap for quite
> > some time with my google apps edu account.
> > I have less messages in my edu account than in my personal account, and my
> > personal account works.
> > I do have more folders (36)  in my edu account.. not sure if this makes a
> > difference.. will disable them and see if this helps.
> > the IMAP preferences for the edu account are the same as for the normal
> > gmail account,  I replicated settings I use with Thunderbird.
> > The only difference I can think off is that my edu account  does not end
> > with @gmail.com  and requires the full email address as a username whereas
> > the gmail account does not, it only requires the prefix.
> >
> Could you check your SquirrelMail preference files for both accounts? See if
> you can find sort= line in <your-login-name>.pref files and tell me number
> written in that line in edu account preferences.
>
> --
> Tomas

there is a only .pref file for my gmail account but not for my gapps edu
account.   I disabled all imap folders on my google apps edu account but still
get the error:ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.Query: LOGOUT
When I login.

OK I am a Dumb a...@#$  (excuse my language)   I had two-factor  (2 step)
authentication setup on my Gapps edu account, so of course it was not working.
2 step auth sends an sms message to my cell phone after I login  with a code
that I have to enter in-order to authenticate my account.   Sorry for wasting
everyone's time on this.   Hopefully someone will find the solution useful!