2010.12.09 19:59 Jumping Mouse rašė:

>> login

>> google
>> enabled

>> > Hi Tomas,
>> > Yes imap access is enabled and I have used Thunderbird with imap for
>> quite
>> > some time with my google apps edu account.
>> > I have less messages in my edu account than in my personal account,
>> and my
>> > personal account works.
>> > I do have more folders (36)  in my edu account.. not sure if this
>> makes a
>> > difference.. will disable them and see if this helps.
>> > the IMAP preferences for the edu account are the same as for the
>> normal
>> > gmail account,  I replicated settings I use with Thunderbird.
>> > The only difference I can think off is that my edu account  does not
>> end
>> > with @gmail.com  and requires the full email address as a username
>> whereas
>> > the gmail account does not, it only requires the prefix.
>> >
>> Could you check your SquirrelMail preference files for both accounts?
>> See if
>> you can find sort= line in <your-login-name>.pref files and tell me
>> number
>> written in that line in edu account preferences.
>>
>> --
>> Tomas
>>
> there is a only .pref file for my gmail account but not for my gapps edu
> account.   I disabled all imap folders on my google apps edu account but
> still get the error:
> ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
> Query: LOGOUT
>
> When I login.

If you have access to telnet with ssl support, could you make sure that
gmail IMAP logins with your edu account work.

For example:

to...@miri:~$ telnet -z ssl imap.gmail.com 993
Trying 74.125.39.109...
Connected to gmail-imap.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Gimap ready for requests from xx.xx.xx.xx s12if3259511faw.74
A01 login usern...@gmail.com somepassword
* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT LITERAL+ IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST
CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 UIDPLUS COMPRESS=DEFLATE
A01 OK usern...@gmail.com authenticated (Success)
A02 logout
* BYE LOGOUT Requested
A02 OK 73 good day (Success)
Connection closed by foreign host.
to...@miri:~$

SquirrelMail should create .pref after successful authentication. I don't
have edu account and I can test only standard qmail accounts.

--
Tomas