Thanks Sam,

I got it sorted out yesterday. The copy of sendit.sh that I ended up with
was trying to use sendmail not qmail. Since I don't have any hint of
sendmail on my server it obviously failed.

However, in a previous install of qmail/sqwebmail it worked right out of the
box. I am curious if there was some configuration switch that sets the MTA
for sendit.sh at compile time.

I looked at the docs to see where I made my configuration error but I
couldn't find any hint to something like what I just mentioned. So it is:

1) Not there
2) I misunderstand how sendit.sh gets it's default stuff
3) It is there and I just didn't see it.

But for future reference I am curious.

sparky