-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Candler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 September 2003 15:21
To: DARCY,MATTHEW (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2)
Cc: 'sqwebmail'
Subject: Re: [sqwebmail] Templates not picking up changes

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 02:34:48PM +0100, DARCY,MATTHEW
(HP-UnitedKingdom,ex2) wrote:
>    ls -la /usr/local/apache/virtual/www.e-netcomm.co.uk/sqwebmail
>
>    total 12
>
>    drwxr-xr-x   4 webmaster website      512 Sep 26 11:20 .
>
>    drwxr-xr-x   5 webmaster website      512 Sep 26 11:20 ..
>
>    drwxrwxrwx   2 webmaster website     1536 Sep 26 11:20 en

Probably not the problem, but worth mentioning that the default templates
are under "en-us", with "en" as a symlink to "en-us".

But it sounds like sqwebmail is still picking up templates; it's just
picking up the ones in the old location.

I'd suggest you replace the sqwebmail CGI with a simple script like this:

#!/bin/sh
echo "Content-Type: text/plain"
echo ""
set

which will show you whether the SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR environment variable
has been set properly by Apache (and if not, you know it's an Apache config
problem that you need to resolve)

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

An interesting suggestion.

The en / en-us symlink has been altered (I just choose to just use en - my
fault)

And I created a new cgi script as you suggested which turned up these
results

DOCUMENT_ROOT=/usr/local/apache/virtual/www.e-netcomm.co.uk/public_html
GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT=image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword,
application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=en-gb
HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL=max-stale=0
HTTP_HOST=www.e-netcomm.co.uk
HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR
1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
IFS=

MAILCHECK=600
OPTIND=1
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/local
/ssl/bin:/usr/local/mysql/bin
QUERY_STRING=
REMOTE_ADDR=192.6.126.74
REMOTE_PORT=44307
REQUEST_METHOD=GET
REQUEST_URI=/cgi-bin/sqwebmail_check
SCRIPT_FILENAME=/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/sqwebmail_check
SCRIPT_NAME=/cgi-bin/sqwebmail_check
SERVER_ADDR=212.113.200.71
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
SERVER_NAME=www.e-netcomm.co.uk
SERVER_PORT=80
SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.0
SERVER_SIGNATURE=<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.28 Server at www.e-netcomm.co.uk Port
80</ADDRESS>

SERVER_SOFTWARE=Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) PHP/4.3.2
SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR=/usr/local/apache/virtual/www.e-netcomm.co.uk/sqwebmai
TZ=GB
UNIQUE_ID=P3RaPgoAAAIAAC9iIS4

As you can see the SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR appears to be set ok,
I double checked the changes after I had added the en-us direct and linked
en to it, and still no joy.

I was wondering is sqwebmail was using the default templates held in
/usr/local/share/sqwebmail/html - so I tried altering one of these for
interest, same thing no change.

I have no idea where sqwebmail is getting the templates from, and to be even
more confusing, its getting the images and css from the right virtual dir, I
just have no idea what tamplate dir its using ???

Any more suggestiosn welcome.

Thanks,

Matt.