sounds like what you want is the -g switch, to allow any host to connect to forwarded
ports.  try:

ssh -2 -N -f -g -L 4001:foo.bar.com:25 -p 4002 foo.bar.com

=optional security rant

in real life, use of -g can potentially open gaping holes (I think that's what the g
stands for ;) at the remote end.  if you're not the remote sysadmin you should check
with them first, and if you are you should be extra cautious...

=end security rant