Would someone please tell me what the standard center height is for buffers
in full-scale UK railway practice?  Has it always been a standard height or
has it varied Rwy to Rwy, pre/post grouping, coaching vs. goods, fitted vs.
non-fitted, etc?

I have scaled the buffer heights from several drawings and come up with 39"
to 42", approximately. The drawings have been small and probably distorted
some in x and y.

I understand that wheel wear and other wear and tear could cause buffer
heights on given cars to reduce over time. Therefore in addition to a height
specification there undoubtedly was a tolerance value.

(I also have referred to the G1MRA standard for 10 mm scale, which is 35 mm
for buffer height)

Thanks in advance.

Steve
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://postfix.45mm.com/pipermail/sslivesteam/attachments/20060522/409de13a/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to