At 11:08 AM 6/4/06 -0400, you wrote:
>I have an Accucraft C-16 that I want to add a water pump to.  Should the 
>clack valve go high on the backhead (where it might cool the steam) or 
>low (where there is barely any room)?  Any 'GOTCHA's I should be aware 
>of? - Chris

Chris,
    I would go where there is the most room.  Based upon what you've asked
I'm going to make a suggestion based on two assumptions, that you have the
ability (tools, skills) to put a new bush in the existing boiler, and that
the backhead is straight (ie, vertical, not slanted).  I'd recommend adding
an internal delivery pipe to the check valve, a length of tube attached to
the check valve (or to the bushing although that's more difficult) which
puts the feedwater delivery point at an ideal position, near the front of
the boiler.  This can be done several ways and if you are interested I'll
describe the otions.


Regards,
Harry Wade
Nashville  Tennessee

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to