My new EasyBend DuoTrak Bender http://www.train-li-usa.com/ is on it's
way. I hope to finally bend one problem curve so that the gauge is
correct and the rails are not twisted like the AristoCraft rail bender
seems to consistently twist rail despite my supporting the rail before
and after it passes through the bender. Perhaps the rail has built in
memory for a twist created from rolling it onto large rolls for
transport before it is passed through dies to make rail. All the AC
stainless steel rail I have purchased has a natural bend to it when
pulled out of their shipping tubes. I have to make sure I have both
rails oriented so that the built in or memory for a curve is the same
for both rails I as I pass them through the bender. The new bender
bends track already in ties. I will still have to cut off the ends of
most bent rail sections, unless I connect them with rail clamps before
bending, at least I hope fastening with rail clamps will enable me to
bend curves with less waste. I stagger rail clamps except at switches,
so the bender should not hang up as it passes over only one clamp at a
time. I will report on this new rail bender soon.

~ Gary, scudding over Terror Trestle

http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor 

http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy/

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://postfix.45mm.com/pipermail/sslivesteam/attachments/20060612/9d4f1c03/attachment.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/gif
Size: 145 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : 
http://postfix.45mm.com/pipermail/sslivesteam/attachments/20060612/9d4f1c03/attachment.gif
_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to