"Fun all the way down the line" Bert?
Fun as in on hands and knees working a rail bender? 
It is the Train Li bender. I am glad to hear good reports.
I will be delighted if it works without twisting rails!
I got so frustrated with the twisted section I finally used two huge
Channel Lock pliers to twist the rail and squeeze it right out of the
tie strips until that section allowed trains to roll through without
falling between the rails! I have re-bent that section four or five
times and completely replaced rails three times with new rail just
bent three times, all with the similar twist problems. Other places
like my trestle the twist is minimized because track is screwed to the
trestle or other under track support material which tends to slightly
straighten the rail head enough to prevent derailments.
~ Gary, scudding over Terror Trestle
http://community.webshots.com/user/raltzenthor  
http://www.angelfire.com/or/trainguy/ 


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bert &
Edmunda
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 10:12 AM
To: Small-scale live steam discussions
Subject: Re: [SSLiveSteam] Track Bender arriving soon

Gary.

If its the Train Li bender then it works. It has been used here in
Europe for some time and so far I have never heard any negative
remarks. My friend swears by it.

This takes the ifs and buts out of bending rail and its fun all the
way down the line.


Bert, in surprise, surprise "SUNNY" Austria.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription:
http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to