Gary,

I use rail that comes from a workshop for handicapped persons in
Zürich Switzerland which comes in 3 meter lengths complete with tie
bed. For very large radii I just lay it fine sharp gravel and it stays
there after cutting off the small amount that the inside rail is
shorter. For other small radii I use those provided by suppliers ready
bent in maybe 12 or so to a circle. Like you Gary I also run steam,
electric and battery on board. I join my track with fish plates just
like the real railways. The rail ends are drilled 2.9mm diameter. The
fish plates are brass and the 4 screws per joint are 1.6mm stainless.
I have no additional feeds for the power and the length of a single run
is 180 feet. I did have problems when I used Aristo track. First the
rail bed is not of a fixed radius and the Aristo track wandered with
temperature change badly, The other track moves sideways slightly as
does LGB track. I had contact problems with Aristo. I do not with the
others. I live in the alps and have no pollution problems to effect
the conductivity, so I'm staying with this solution. I have one curve
which my friend bent with the train Li bender and there is no
indication of any problems. The other nice thing with buying rail from
the handicapped is it does someone some good and they can be proud of
their product. It is a pity that it seems that Aristo have a track
problem. I find their other products good value for money and are very
reliable. I should perhaps point out that I live on a south slope and
the rail is to hot to put your hand on in summer and -25°C in winter is
not unusual. The track has been out there for years with no problems
except those mentioned and of course frost heave which is soon
corrected each spring.

 Regards
 Bert, in the Austrian Alps.
-------------------------
Bert &  Edmunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to