In a message dated 6/16/2006 10:53:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I  recently completed my railbender featuring three skateboard plastic wheels 
 mounted with bolts
and bearings (


I made my rail bender by using one of those multiple pin contour finders to  
machine up six aluminum rollers with some surplus ball bearings in the center. 
I  put two sets of rollers on one side of one of those shop saw horses that 
have  one side that makes a clamp for holding work. One set of rollers on the 
other  side. No crank, just pushed and pulled the rail through the rollers. 
Made two  passes to get a 20 foot radius in one inch scale aluminum rail. 
No twisting of the rail observed. I think because I made the  rollers to fit 
the rail I was using. The only thing I would do different in  the future would 
be to put the rollers closer together to shorten the length of  rail that 
does not get bent. I had to "adjust" some of the ends where a short  straight 
section was left over.  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://postfix.45mm.com/pipermail/sslivesteam/attachments/20060621/e1e08014/attachment.html
_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to