On (12/08/16 16:08), Victor Tapia wrote:

>>> I haven't tried using "Type=notify", but I don't think it would make a
>>> difference if we can't hold the notification signal until the responders
>>> are running.
>>>
>> You would need to call sd_*notify function after initialisation of responders
>> man 3 sd_notify
>> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/sd_notify.html
>> It would solve a problem in a different way.
>>

>My fault, I misunderstood the systemd doc regarding who did the call.

>>> I've been able to reproduce this bug in both upstart and systemd, but
>>> the numbers differ significantly (~40% of the runs with upstart, ~1% or
>>> less with systemd).
>>>
>> In that case, I think we can merge the patch.
>> But I would like to do some regression testing with upstart(CentOS6).
>
>Sounds good to me, thanks Lukas!

Does upstart/init script need to be updated as well?
We have some generic in src/sysv/sssd.in

BTW the patch causes some failures for me on rhel6.
According to logs, the file /var/run/sssd.pid
did not exist in some cases.

Please also remove changes in src/sysv/systemd/sssd.service.in
in next version. For systemd only I would prefer "Type=notify".

LS