On ma, 13 marras 2017, Charles Hedrick wrote:
While we’re on this subject, it would be useful for IPA to support
netgroup.byhost. That would give signifiant advantages with Netapp. If
that is supported, Netapp will look up the netgroups for a host every
time a mount is done. Without it, they consider that reloading the
whole net group file is too inefficient, so they depend upon a cache
whose normal TTL is a day.
I'm confused here.

We have:
- LDAP: native netgroups in IPA, used by SSSD IPA provider directly
- LDAP: compatibility tree that exposes native IPA netgroups as RFC2307bis
  objects with no way to set blank nisDomainName right now
- NIS protocol: NIS triplets generated based on the compat tree
  netgroups.

The latter provides three netgroup maps:
- netgroup
- netgroup.byhost
- netgroup.byuser

The are already exist but both netgroup.byhost and netgroup.byuser are
not utilized by glibc, so they may have regressed (I see them defined in
the code).

Which of the implementation do you use? Did you configure your Netapp
filer to look up LDAP in cn=ng,cn=compat,$SUFFIX or is it using NIS
protocol?