On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 09:21:56AM -0000, Kamil Kosowski wrote:
> Hello
> I am doing some reverse engineering in my current company :
>
> I have a server which is acting as a gateway for other services, it's like
> entry point exposed to the world. People are connecting to this server on
> port 443 via for example DBeaver.
> The same server can be accessed by a group of admin via ssh - ssh should be
> only for admins, admins are placed in the different domain while all other
> users are in domain.net
>
> for clarification group, "NoOne" doesn't exist in AD
>
> what is happening :
> - if someone is trying to access this node via ssh, I see in the SSSD logs
> that, after validating user, SSSD is performing access check filter and that
> is ok
> - if someone is trying to access this node via DBeaver on port 443, SSSD
> never triggers access check filter after user validation and the user gets
> access
>

> if there is any way to exclude performing access_filter for every connection
> except ssh? I cannot find this configuration and apparently, this is how it
> works right now, while I am deploying new Gateway server with the same
> configuration and on the new server no matter what I do, access_filter check
> is always triggered

Hi,

from the systems perspective authentication and access control are
handled by PAM. For each service you should find a PAM configuration
file in /etc/pam.d/SERVICE_NAME, e.g. /etc/pam.d/sshd. In these files
(or files included by them) the lines starting with 'account' are
responsible for the access control. You can remove the account line which
contain 'pam_sss.so' from the PAM service files where you do not want
SSSD to do access control to avoid the check.

If you prefer a more central management please check the
ldap_user_authorized_service option in man sssd-ldap. Or is you like to
use SSSD's AD provider you can use GPO's on AD to control the access,
please see the ad_gpo_* options in man sssd-ad for details.

HTH

bye,
Sumit