Le vendredi 9 novembre 2007, Joe Hildebrand a écrit :

> > However, from an user perspective... what is the interest of showing
> > different
> > icon per client.
>
> Imagine that it's a presence-only device, like a phone, for example.

And are you supposed to know a client named "FooBar2000" is a phone or not?
Each client should have an internal mapping of every existing client?
Specially useless if that client is mutlipaltform and work on both phone and
desktop.

Better to use the <identity type="phone"/> in the disco#info reply.

> > Remember that old client using version 1.3 of the xep use node#ver
> > as key in
> > their cache.  So if two different clients (or different versions)
> > share the
> > same disco#info, they will not be able to share the cache entry,
> > even if the
> > hash is the same.  (one may argue this is negligible, ok, but this
> > is easy to
> > avoid anyway)
>
> That's why I relented on which node new clients send to.  They can
> send to node=hash, rather than node=node#hash, so that caching can be
> cross-client.

???   Old implementation are already written. And doesn't behave like that.

If you keep a different node per client, It can't be cross-client.  Only
cross-version if you remove the version from the node, But it's still better
than nothing