On 3/5/10 9:11 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:
> On 5 March 2010 18:53, XMPP Extensions Editor <edi...@xmpp.org> wrote:
>> Version 0.1 of XEP-0279 (Server IP Check) has been released.
>>
>> Abstract: This specification defines a simple XMPP extension that enables a
>> client to discover its external IP address.
>>
>> Changelog: Initial published version. (psa)
>>
>> Diff: N/A

> Btw, implemented:
> http://prosody-modules.googlecode.com/hg/mod_ipcheck/mod_ipcheck.lua
> :)

Heh, that's fast.

A hackier way to do this would be for the client to include its private
IP address as the 'from' of the initial stream header and for the server
to return the client's public IP address as the 'to' of the response
stream header, but that does feel pretty hacky to me. :)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/