Hi,

could you elaborate on this proposal a little bit, please?

The room creator/owner publishes a node to a pubsub service, which contains all
room members and each invitee subscribes to this node (which is equal to the
room JID?)?

What about the case, when a member invites further members? He would have to
modify to original node. I imagine that would be cumbersome to develop, when
you have to sync MUC affiliations and PubSub affiliations (on top of the
already complex pubsub management).

It would be so much easier to just allow 7.11 Getting the Memberlist also for
the Entity Use Cases, so that an entity could just query a room for it's
members (without having joined the room):

<iq from='cro...@shakespeare.lit/desktop'
    id='member3'
    to='co...@chat.shakespeare.lit'
    type='get'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin'>
    <item affiliation='member'/>
  </query>
</iq>

Maybe return a stanza error, if the requester is no member of the room.

Christian