:)

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is top-posting so bad?

A: Top-posting.

Q: What is the most annoying behavior on email discussion lists?

On 3/5/14, 10:16 AM, Christian Schudt wrote:
Hi,

could you elaborate on this proposal a little bit, please?

Could you elaborate a bit on the use case and the need for it? I'm not saying it's bad or irrelevant, but XEP-0045 was not designed to solve every possible problem related to groupchat.

The room creator/owner publishes a node to a pubsub service, which contains all
room members and each invitee subscribes to this node (which is equal to the
room JID?)?

What about the case, when a member invites further members? He would have to
modify to original node. I imagine that would be cumbersome to develop, when
you have to sync MUC affiliations and PubSub affiliations (on top of the
already complex pubsub management).

It would be so much easier to just allow 7.11 Getting the Memberlist also for
the Entity Use Cases, so that an entity could just query a room for it's
members (without having joined the room):

<iq from='cro...@shakespeare.lit/desktop'
     id='member3'
     to='co...@chat.shakespeare.lit'
     type='get'>
   <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin'>
     <item affiliation='member'/>
   </query>
</iq>

Maybe return a stanza error, if the requester is no member of the room.

That's what I would suggest.

Since that solves the problem, I'm wondering why you asked the question. :-) That is, is there some aspect of the problem that http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#disco-roomitems does not solve? (Section 7.11 is about occupants who are already in the room.)

Peter

Christian