Yes I was just thinking of Github too.
The "pull request" feature is also really nice for :
- Fixing minor issues (typo, english mistakeā€¦)
- Proposing improvements for the XEP (changes that require major version update). Then we can decide that for such request we talk about it during the meeting.

The current process (with the "inbox" and the validations) can also be changed to a more modern one, linked with the bugtracker/feature system :)