* Daniel Gultsch <dan...@gultsch.de> [2015-05-06 16:32]:
> > * Daniel Gultsch <dan...@gultsch.de> [2015-05-05 17:13]:
> > >
> > > Defenitly not both like it is done currently. (Or has been done?)
> >
> > Sending just one copy makes sense if the clients receive carbon copies
> > anyway; but if they don't, it might go against expectation that delivery
> > for /A now depends on whether/how /B joined the same room. (Then again,
> > the routing behavior when multiple clients are used without carbons
> > probably goes against the expectations of most users anyway.)
>
> Thought about this for a while and I think MUC PMs should not be carbon
> copied at all. [...] Because having the MUC compenent sending out only
> one PM even though the client is logged in with two resources doesn't
> make sense either and will become unpredictable.
>
> And with the stanza tagging mentioned above it will be fairly easy for
> mod_carbon to detect a MUC PM (and not copy it as a result)

Yes, though clients will also have to tag MUC PMs (or add a <no-copy/>
hint or whatever) to take care of outgoing MUC PMs.  And once they do
that, there's the downside that in the above case where /A and /B are
joined using the same nick, /A will receive the incoming PMs but not the
outgoing PMs sent by /B.

You might consider this the least evil of the available options ...

Holger