Hi Dave,

Happy that the conversation has begun.

a) In short. Yes, they are useful, but we don’t know what others thinks until
we invite them to share their story. The overall reaction that I get from
people is that they don’t feel that their voice has been listened to and they
don’t know where and with whom to communicate. That’s one of the reason for the
IoT SIG.

b) As little as possible. For example; there must be use-cases that are not IoT
related when you’ve non-authorized entities that you want to authenticate by a
3rd party.

c) This is what I’m working on:
a. I’m involved with several projects to which we provide our product (Clayster
Exchange) that use: XEP323, 324, 325, 326 and 347. We’re also thinking about
using some of the XEPs that are not published yet (Event and Interoperability).
There are other companies in those projects that has implemented the XEPs too
and will release open source code for that.
b. Next week I’m speaking at oneM2M invited by Orange and Nokia about IoT and
XMPP (including the IoT XEPs).
c. In November I’m speaking in Berlin about IoT and Privacy using XMPP.
d. I’m in discussion with people at OCF about their work using XMPP and want
on-board them here to sync.
e. My goal is to gather every IoT XMPP project that exist, so we can agree on a
unified way forward.
f. I’ve reach out to people at the IETF MILE Working Group to invite them to
join and to learn more about their work.
g. Smack has now support for parts of the IoT XEP (XEP323, 324, 324, 325, 326
and 347) and I’m in discussion with XMPPFramework.

As soon as I’ve talked to all the different IoT XMPP projects I would like to
set up a meeting so everyone can tell their story on how they are using XMPP
for the IoT. Then we will be able to democratize the work forward.

To answer Davide,
Yes, you can go on using the existing IoT XEPs.

Best,
Rikard

On 2016-10-11, 20:18, "Standards on behalf of Dave Cridland"