On 2016-10-12, 02:11, "Standards on behalf of Peter Saint-Andre"
<standards-boun...@xmpp.org on behalf of stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:

    On 10/11/16 5:15 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
    > On 11 October 2016 at 20:37, Rikard Strid <rik...@clayster.com> wrote:
    >> f. I’ve reach out to people at the IETF MILE Working Group to invite
them to join and to learn more about their work.

    > Join what?
    >
    >>> Join the discussion.
    >
    > The MILE working group aren't doing IoT at all - I'd hate them to
    > think that the XSF is formally contacting them for liaison on IoT when
    > they're working in a completely different area.
    >

    >>> I’ve reach out to better understand their work, not to establish any
deeper connection. Which I guess I’m not authorized to do. I want understand
how they relate their work to IoT. I do think their work; “MILE working group
develops standards to support computer and network security incident
management” touches many of the IoT questions.

    True, the MILE folks are working on incident reporting. Although if
    they're using XMPP for that, they might be or know folks who are also
    using XMPP for IoT. A bit of a stretch, perhaps...

  >>> That’s what I hope. ☺

    Peter

    //Rikard