Hi,

I feel like this XEP is underspecified. On one hand it tries to be
agnostic of the actual encryption being used on the other hand it is
not necessarily clear to me - given a an encryption method X - how
exactly the transport secret is encrypted in method X. The OpenPGP
examples look like the TS is put into the body??? And in OMEMO as
well?

Everything is a bit of confusing.

What I get is that I create a a bunch of bytes. How those bytes are
used is indicated by the cipher. But how do I actually transfer those
bytes is unclear to me.

(I get that it 'just works' in practice if you just crab the random
stuff from the decrypted 'body' of either OX or OMEMO but I don't
think that XEP does a good job at specifying that. Especially not if
you consider that this should work with arbitrary encryption methods.)


cheers
Daniel

2017-08-24 14:10 GMT+02:00 Jonas Wielicki <[email protected]>:
> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>
> Title: Jingle Encrypted Transports
> Abstract:
> This specification defines a method that allows to use established
> encryption schemes like OpenPGP or OMEMO for end-to-end encryption of
> Jingle transports.
>
> URL: https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/jet.html
>
> The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.
> _______________________________________________
> Standards mailing list
> Info: https://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/standards
> Unsubscribe: [email protected]
> _______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Standards mailing list
Info: https://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/standards
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
_______________________________________________

Reply via email to