On 22 Feb 2018, at 10:24, Jonas Wielicki <jo...@wielicki.name> wrote:

> On Donnerstag, 22. Februar 2018 10:29:18 CET Kevin Smith wrote:
>> FWIW, I think this isn’t what the standard already says, although may be
>> sensible.
>
> Hmm… I think you are right there. "execute" is equivalent to whatever the
> Responder says in the "execute" attribute on <actions/>. Which unfortunately
> does *not* have a default value. The interpretation of being equivalent to
> "next" is only done in a "typical interpretation" of a requester:
>
>> The action "execute" is always allowed, and is equivalent to the action
>> "next".
>
> (this is the passage which is to be changed) and later on:
>
>> If the <actions/> possesses the "execute" attribute, that value is the
>> default button or option. If the <actions/> does not possess the "execute"
>> attribute, there is no default button or option.
>
> Also, there is (for empty/no <actions/>):
>
>> The action "execute" is equivalent to the action "complete”.

Yes, it’s slightly spaghetti-ish isn’t it?

> So given all that, I wonder whether the proposed wording should be adapted to
> reflect that the value of the "execute" attribute should always take
> precedence over the interpretation of what "execute" means?

I think that’s what the XEP already says, in not-the-clearest terms. All the
defaults are just fallbacks for when execute= isn’t specified.

I suspect that a reword of the whole section would be sensible. I don’t know if
Flow wants to give this a go, as he started this, or I can do so.

/K