Hello!

07.03.2018, 22:18, "Jonas Wielicki (XSF Editor)" <jo...@wielicki.name>:

The XEP Editor would like to Call for Experience with XEP-0066 before
presenting it to the Council for advancing it to Final status.

During the Call for Experience, please answer the following questions:

1. What software has XEP-0066 implemented? Please note that the
protocol must be implemented in at least two separate codebases (at
least one of which must be free or open-source software) in order to
advance from Draft to Final.

It is implemented (partially) in eyeCU and Vacuum-IM. Both clients have the same codebase. Also, it is implemented in MRIM transport.

2. Have developers experienced any problems with the protocol as
defined in XEP-0066? If so, please describe the problems and, if
possible, suggested solutions.

In Qt version of eyeCU I implemented only attaching URLs to messages right now. The same story with Vacuum-IM. Other usages of OOB is not implemented yet, but I plan to imlement them later.
J2ME version of eyeCU allowed to send URLs via <iq/> stanza and control download, but it is abandoned right now.
I experienced no problem implementing those features.
The only suggestion is to provide mechanism to notify other party of download progress (not only of the fact, that file was downloaded).

3. Is the text of XEP-0066 clear and unambiguous? Are more examples
needed? Is the conformance language (MAY/SHOULD/MUST) appropriate?
Have developers found the text confusing at all? Please describe any
suggestions you have for improving the text.

Yes. Everything is all right.

If you have any comments about advancing XEP-0066 from Draft to Final,
please provide them by the close of business on 2018-03-21. After the
Call for Experience, this XEP might undergo revisions to address
feedback received, after which it will be presented to the XMPP
Council for voting to a status of Final.

With my best regards,
Konstantin

You can review the specification here:

https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0066.html