Thanks very much for doing this work.

Without meaning to imply whether or not I agree with your conclusions, a
couple of points of order:

1) While the Council can vote on the general principle, this has only the
effect of a statement of principle or intent. As Chair, I'm happy to do
this, I just note the results might not be what you want.

2) Such a vote has no relevance to the disposition of the PR you propose.
Even if the Council votes *not* to deprecate GC 1.0 abent a PR, a specific
PR can still be written and any such PR must be voted upon whether vote (1)
passes or not.

Dave.