On 7 Oct 2020, at 12:38, Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
> Can we put Reactions on the agenda for adoption

I think the previous stance of Council - that it shouldn’t go around accepting
previously rejected XEPs just because the originally objecting Council member
is no longer on Council unless the presented objections have also been
addressed (or some other state change causes there to be a materially different
consideration) is sound, and should be followed.

In the case of Reactions, I was the originally objecting Council member so with
my currently somewhat tatty Old Council hat on suggest that people with their
shiny Current Council hats reconsider the submission. I don’t actually think
that the situation has materially changed other than that a way forward has
been presented in terms of Fastening and MAM-FC to address the concerns, but
not adopted, and so my original objections still stand, but it would be worth
Council having a consider of whether they agree with them sufficiently to
persist the block themselves, rather than just because I did. That is “please
consider my vote, which I don’t have, to be -0 with significant objections but
no veto”.

Ideally without calling me dumb.

/K