Hi,

I'm looking to build a basic SAN to use as iSCSI storage for a VMware
environment. I was going to use the following equipment:

- Sunfire x4150 server, 12 Gb RAM, 1 x Quad Core CPU
- OpenSolaris 2009.06 with Comstar iSCSI Target
- 4 x 1Gb Ethernet (Jumbo Frames, Nagle's algorithm disabled)
- 2 x 146 10K SAS drives in a mirror as boot device
- 6 x 500Gb Seagate Momentus XT 7.2K SATA drives in RAIDZ2 (SSD Hybrids
designed Laptop)
- Adaptec 256Mb STK SAS/SATA RAID controller
- Possibly a PCI express SLC SSD for cache

Does anybody have any recommendations on the best way to setup the networking
for connection to VMware? I was thinking of using LACP, but I believe VMware
needs to use multipathing.

What sort of read/write performance should I expect to get?

How do you think this would this compare against a low end iSCSI SAN (HP MSA,
or Dell MD3220i)?

Any other recommendations?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Jared