Hi,

Interesting question :)

I guess a fundamental indicator is the complexity of the CMS vs your own
code. I mean, will the public facing website include only a small part of
customization (a few new forms here and there, a few pages...) and most of
the hits will be actually handled by the CMS ? Or is it the inverse ? Are
your Stripes pages the main focus, and expose more features than the CMS ?

Rewriting a full-blown CMS ain't easy, but I guess rewriting your app isn't
either :P

Apart from your 3 options, have you considered client-side, "mashup"-style
integration ?

I mean, I guess most of those CMSs provide ways to integrate 3rd party
stuff within their UI, via plugins or the like.

It depends on the architecture (authentication, cross-domain etc) but maybe
you can integrate your heterogeneous apps via "widgets" that you put in
your CMS and that access your Stripes services.
I don't know Wordpress, but I'm pretty sure it has such capability. It
certainly provides REST APIs that you can call from the browser in order to
get the data you need from the CMS. Now you only need your Stripes app to
do the same : expose REST-like services so that you can mix "cross-apps"
widgets in the same page(s). Like display a GUI that is backed by a Stripes
app inside a Wordpress page.

Quick googling, and, as expected, it's plugin-based at its core :
http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin

Ok, it's php, but it can definitely invoke your Stripes stuff, either
directly from your Wordpress instance in php (server-to-server), or via
Cross-Domain JS (browser-to-server). The second option involves only very
little php : your plugin only has to include the JS you need from the
Stripes app, and let it do the magic...

You can also mix the two websites in some circumstances. Say you now have a
"Shop" link in the CMS nav bar : this link can point to a Stripes app,
provided you manage authentication.

Tell us how it goes !

Cheers

Rémi