The ActionServlet does this resolution already, it looks for this DTD
locally:

ActionServlet {

    /**
     * The set of public identifiers, and corresponding resource names, for
     * the versions of the configuration file DTDs that we know about.
There
     * <strong>MUST</strong> be an even number of Strings in this list!
     */

    protected String registrations[] = {
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN",
        "/org/apache/struts/resources/struts-config_1_0.dtd",
        "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN",
        "/org/apache/struts/resources/web-app_2_2.dtd",
        "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN",
        "/org/apache/struts/resources/web-app_2_3.dtd"
    };

    protected Digester initDigester(int detail) {
        // Register our local copy of the DTDs that we can find
        for (int i = 0; i < registrations.length; i += 2) {
            URL url = this.getClass().getResource(registrations[i+1]);
            if (url != null)
                digester.register(registrations[i], url.toString());
        }

}

Not sure why it does not work in your case.  Check previous postings and
Struts resources about deploying Struts on WebLogic. Check also the parser
being used, maybe trying another one...

Fr.