My take on this is here

<
http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg14158.html

I'm personally not in favor of distributing tags with Struts that do not
depend on Struts application resoures (mappings, messages). General
purpose tags can be hosted at Jakarta Taglibs. At some point, the Struts
bean and logic tags will end up over there too.

If someone wanted to re-package the Struts logic tags for Jarkarta
Taglibs, and included Nial's extensions, I'm sure they would be well
received. Ditto for the bean tags. They already have i18n and form tags
that are similar to the Struts versions.

-Ted.