On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, [gb2312] Yunfeng Hou wrote:

> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:56:47 +0800 (CST)
> From: "[gb2312] Yunfeng Hou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: i18n Forwards
>
> Yes, you can get it from request.

For maximum portability, using getRealPath() is problematic -- you will
always get a null back if your webapp is running out of a WAR file
directly.  Use ServletContext.getResource() or
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream() instead.

> And, comitters, what's your opinion about i18n
> forwards?
> Because sometimes i18n enabled message can only solve
> part of the problem to build a multi-language site, it
> may require totally different layout for different
> language, so if we have i18n forwards will be a big
> help.

I think you have identified a very real problem, and am exploring ways
that Struts could be extended to deal with it.  Do you think that putting
i18n-sensitive support into <forward> is all we need, or do we need to
think about <action> mapping that is i18n-sensitive as well?

Craig