Thomas L Roche wrote:
Not good. There are 7 open bug reports to deal with and I'd like to
give people a bit more time to test their apps on the RCs.

Thanks! All I wanted was a "gut feel" ... _not_ another lecture on The Apache Way :-P

LOL =:)

David, quite wisely, simply pointed out that RC1 only shipped on Sunday and that we already have several new tickets. All facts of public record. No one offered an opinion or "gut feel", and probably won't.

The point of the lecture is that our guestimates have never been right before, and probably never will be. Anyone who acted on our opinion or "gut feel" would almost certainly be disappointed. There is no value add. Pretending otherwise would be arrogant at best, and dishonest at worse.

The process is controlled by the Community and the coincidence of how much volunteer time the Committers have available. This produces excellent software, but never according to schedule.

The best advice will always be: "if you need to ask when the next release will be available, then you can't afford to use it."

That's not always what people want to hear, but it is the truth.