--- Robert Leland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Pierre Maury wrote:
> The patch would need to be usable with different encoding types.

Why?  The Java 1.3 version doesn't accept an encoding type and we always
pass UTF-8 to the 1.4 version.

> This memory storage seems like a small price to pay for the improvement,
> but I would like to hear from other commiters.

I'm not a big fan of this because there are much bigger performance
optimizations to be had in other layers of a Struts app but I won't stop
anyone from applying a clear and *tested* optimization.

David