Steve Raeburn wrote:
There were no tests found because the test section was commented out!
(and the example include pattern doesn't match our naming convention).
I've enabled the JUnit tests. Using Cactus with Maven is beyond me, for
now :-)

Mea culpa on the comment block. I did that to see if I could get the rest of it to run, and then committed it accidentally. <head-slap/>

When Maven runs the tests, TestModuleConfig is throwing a
NullPointerException that doesn't show up when running from Ant. I'm
inclined to believe that the Maven configuration requires more work
rather that it actually being a problem with ModuleConfig.

The Maven build remains HIGHLY experimental!!

I wonder if we could try a compromise? Could we have a Maven build that just downloaded the dependencies into the central repository, and a build.properties that got everything from there. This would save us from going back to a "struts-library" distribution.

I also wonder if it be possible to wrap our existing Ant build as Maven goals? The user guide says that any Ant task can be used in the maven.xml.

http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Sample%20maven.xml

Another stepping-stone might be to provide Maven projects for the examples applications, especially the blank application. I'm thinking the cannonical approach here would be to have a master webapp-project.xml that we then extended for each application "artifact".

http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#POM%20Inheritance

I'm working on a changelog system now but will come back to this later, if no one beats me to it. [Please do, if you can :)]