"Shkuro, Yuri" wrote:

> I am not aware of any mechanisms in Java to inspect a class and determine
> its dependencies (although javac obviously has to do it, but its
> proprietory).

In Tomcat, it only works in the restricted case where the class is loaded from
an individual disk file under WEB-INF/classes.  Tomcat includes a custom
classloader for the webapp which remembers the date/time stamp of the class file
when each class was loaded, and then periodically checks the directory for files
that have timestamps later than that.

> I think this issue is too difficult for any container to handle
> automatically.

It's definitely a pain to implement -- be glad the containers do it for you :-)

Craig