The safest thing is to have them under WEB-INF/classes, which is already
on the classpath.

I agree that keeping like resources together is good idea, but are they
only used by the templates? Do not the Action classes also use these for
messages.

The JSP's under /WEB-INF/pages are really source code files, and if you
precompiled them that folder might be omitted. So personally I would
suggest not putting runtime resources in that branch, unless the
multiple resources files are moved to another location as part of the
concaternation process. (Are you doing this with Ant?)

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/