I tried this:

<logic:iterate id="el" name="reallySimpleForm" property="names" indexId
="i">
Name: <bean:write name="el"/> <html:link href
="javascript:subForm(document.forms[0],'del','<%= i.toString()
%>');"><bean:message key="link.delete"/></html:link><BR>
</logic:iterate>

but that just generates links of:
javascript:subForm(document.forms[0],'del','<%= i.toString() %>');

instead of javascript:subForm(document.forms[0],'del','0');

How can I get scripting variables inside the html:link href attribute?

Thanks

Rob

                    Rob

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    IBMGB                cc:

                                         Subject:     links to javascript with index
variables
                    15/11/2001

                    22:58

                    Please respond

                    to "Struts

                    Users Mailing

                    List"

In my ActionForm I have a collection of names which is added to
dynamically. If I want to give each name its own delete link I'm doing this
with iterate:

<logic:iterate id="el" name="reallySimpleForm" property="names">
Name: <bean:write name="el"/> <html:link href
="javascript:subForm(document.forms[0],'del');"><bean:message key
="link.delete"/></html:link><BR>
</logic:iterate>

(where subForm is a JavaScript function to submit the form, and set an
action, of 'del' in this case)

but how do I add an index value into the javascript call for the link? To
generate something like:

being the index)
.
.
.

Is the only way to do this using scriptlets?

Thanks

Rob Breeds

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <