So the answer, in code, from within my ReviewAction class is the line:

        ContactForm cForm = (ContactForm)
request.getSession(false).getAttribute("contactForm");

where "contactForm" is the name in the struts-config.xml file for the
form-bean:

        <form-bean name="contactForm"
                type="edu.cccs.energizer.ContactForm" />

Can't believe it was that simple.