> I plan on trying it some time when I'm not under so much time
> pressure.  (It's ironic that sometimes we're so busy that we don't
> have the time to learn how to do things more efficiently).

That's a funny and sad statement at the same time  :-)   I can definitely
relate.   Many companies want to use new technologies and haev their
programmers scramble to convert existing apps to that new technology BUT
they totally see it as "anti-productive" for programmers to sit and learn
it the correct way.    Basically, it's a "convert the app to Struts but you
can't learn Struts on our time (only on your time) so you need to Slam and
Hack the struts solution.   Oh and by the way, it needs to work perfect and
fast the first time.   During your Sundays at home (instead of spending
your time with your family) you can do all the learning of Struts that you
want but while you're on our time, those keys better be a-clickin' and
results better be a showin' and it better be done in 2 weeks or we're
canceling the project")  :-)

Ironically, after doing that, many companies will never give you the time
to "redo" it the right way like they tell you in initial meetings ("after
it's done initially, you can go back and redo it the right way).  Rather
they'll have you slop together more screens and such on top of the "rushed"
system.    So you end up converting an application to struts but now your
newly sloppily created system has a web-based front end system around the
slop instead of a JFC-Based applet  :-)   In order to redo it the right
way, the midnight oil and weekend's need to be burned and you'll get no
satisfaction from the company as they'll turn around and say "Had you
designed it the right way from the start, you would not have needed to work
evenings and weekends".