Could we turn him into a newt?

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 2:02 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Auto-Replies

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Eddie Bush wrote:

> Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:29:33 -0500
> From: Eddie Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Auto-Replies
>
> Suggestion:
>
> Why don't we remove people from the list that generate auto-reply
messages?

In general, I try to do just that on things like vacation replies.
However, it's not always an issue of removing direct subscribers -- and
the recent "temporarily exceeded quota" situation going on now is an
example.

There is no subscriber to STRUTS-USER that has "sprintpcs.com" in their
subscription address (hardly a surprise, given the volume of messages :-).
This particular message is coming from some existing subscriber that is
forwarding their own mailbox -- and there is no clue in the reply back
from Sprint on who the guilty party is.

Craig