Thanks Les,
     That is reassuring,
     For your ammusment.. It was decided that was decided that the users would
have the ability to  create custom user levels and be able to control each data
field and have it be edit/read-only or not shown.  So all my fields will be
duplicated and wrapped in logic tags.

     I would love to hear from others...

"Wilson, Les J SI-FSIA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/22/2002 09:39:23 AM

Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:

Subject:  RE: html taglib usage slooow

Hi Jeff,

For what its worth, our experiences are a lot different to what have been
mentioned.  In one of our applications, we have an input jsp with around 50
(it varies per company) text input fields (all struts text tags displayed
inside an iterate tag) and it displays in around a second - from clicking
the link, invoking the action (which is fairly complex) and displaying the
page.

The users have never complained about performance.

We are running on Silverstream Application Server and using version 1 of
struts in production.

Les Wilson

Shell Finance Services
Shell International Limited, Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 20 7934 6463 Other Tel: +44 7974 948877
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]