I haven't noticed anyone else pointing this out yet, so I guess maybe I
should...  The approach described below (as far as I can see) will only work
if you assume your app will never be deployed on more than a single server -
or if you are fine with the fact that this 'shared' object will not actually
be shared across multiple server instances in the cluster.

If you can be certain you will never need to scale your apps to more than
one server this may be appropriate, but personally I would be very leary
about relying on this for any real project... YMMV

Ralph Roland
Strata-J
[EMAIL PROTECTED]