Thanks,

I had read the archive suggested. Unfortunately none of my sub-app
<action-mappings> are working. I get the following error when I try to
access one of my sub-apps mappings threw
http:/host/defaultapp/subapp/mapping.do.

500 Servlet Exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping
        at
org.apache.struts.action.SecureRequestProcessor.processPreprocess(D:/CvsProj
ects/StrutsExtTry11/src/org/apache/struts/action/SecureRequestProcessor.java
:42)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:227)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1109)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:452)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:126)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:9
6)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:311)
        at com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
        at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:221)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:163)
        at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:137)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I have configured my parent and sub-app to use the secure plug-in and have
configured the <controller> for both apps as follows.

        <!-- Custom RequestProcessor to handle http/https switching -->
    <controller
        processorClass="org.apache.struts.action.SecureRequestProcessor"
        pagePattern="/WEB-INF/$A$P"
        forwardPattern="/WEB-INF/$A$P"
        nocache="true"  />

Any ideas are much appreciated,