James,

What Struts functionality is in 9.0.3 is a home grown thing. Trying
to stay a step ahead of other IDE's planning built-in Struts support!

First thing I'd try is to use the New gallery to create a new
Struts Starter Application. Make sure that works for you.

Then, see if pasting the contents of your struts-config.xml
into the struts-config.xml created by the wizard works for you.
It should go ok.

Let me know the exact steps you're doing (perhaps in an offline email)
to get the error about C:\struts-config.xml. Like, are you
doing File|Open  or clicking the (+) icon and finding the file
with the file dialog?

Regarding the addin, I think it might be related to the fact
that the type of the node in the navigation (at the IDE SDK level)
might have changed between 9.0.2 and 9.0.3 from a kind of
generic XML file (when we weren't recognizing anything special
about the XML file named struts-config.xml) and now perhaps
it's a new more specialized XML node.

There is a 9.0.3 Dev Preview update of the Extension SDK on OTN
as well, so if you hit a bug in getting your addin to work, please
mail me and I'll file it for you and make sure it gets fixed for
the 9.0.3 production release.

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Java/XML Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE and EJB Development with BC4J
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp