Well said, David!

While there is no date set, there are bugs to be squashed.  If you find
yourself able to contribute patches to fix things that are wrong, you
will be able to "hurry" the final release ;-)  These Jakarta folk don't
release on a time-line, but, instead, on a merit-line.  When the
software is decided to be "worthy of the Jakarta name", it will be
stamped final - not before.

Craig said at some point in the past how final releases are just nightly
builds that "the developers think have been tested enough" (that's a
misquote, but you get the jist).

Hop right in and put your heel down on a bug or two!  That's the best
way you can ensure a quicker release :-D

If you're close to release and don't feel secure using the 1.1
code-base, by all means, use 1.0.2.  If you're not so close to release,
probably 1.1 would be best.  In the end, it's a judgement call only you
can make ;-)  Have you actually tried a nightly build?  There's a *lot*
of added functionality there.  If you're on a container adhering to jsp
specification 1.2, the addition of the Struts-EL taglib could save you a
lot of hassle!

--
Eddie Bush