On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, 3:21:28 PM, Antoni wrote:

AR> Keep in mind that DateFormat (and SimpleDateFormat) is not thread safe so you
AR> have to be very careful when reusing them.

    I like Max's suggestion though. I think I will move it to the
    setFormatPattern for sure. Correct me if I'm wrong here...

    Since the registration of this Converter takes places in a static
    block in the top of my DispatchAction the setFormatPattern should
    only be called once, since isn't only once instance of my
    DispatchAction created (and thus only one initial load in the
    static block?). I guess I could be extra careful and synchronize
    setFormatPattern since I don't think that should incur too much
    overhead since in my situation I can imagine more than one
    instance of the Action class being created.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@;reumann.net