Hi, I am using Struts 1.02 and got the following Problem:
I need to create a JSP where u can select to create a pdf or excel file.

The problem is, I didn't programm the Action to create the file, a
colleague did.
So I need some way to call his Servlet. I tried to map directly to it,
that did not work. So I wrote an Action that called a method to create
this pdf / excel file,
depending on the parameters given.

The problem is, that after this method there is no forward anymore, as
the control is given to the servlet
to create the file, and thats it. But the
public ActionForward perform(
                ActionMapping mapping,
                ActionForm form,
                HttpServletRequest request,
                HttpServletResponse response)
{

needs some forward.
For the moment I wrote "return null" but imho thats no prober solution.

Maybe you got an idea.

thanks,

marcus