Hi all,

a really difficult question with maybe no response. We have a subclass of a BaseAction whcih inherits form Action. BaseAction in turns publish a method inherited getData(). The point is that getData is implemented such as it needs the request to perform some kind of operations.

We would like to avoid modifying the interface to getData(request) to maintain backwards compatibility.

The question is: is there any way to find out current request or session from Thread.currentThread() inside getData() in the BaseAction class.

Porbably it could be solved by maintaining a table with Thread/request values, but I do not know if such a info would be already provided by the servlet API or any.

Any help wpould be appreciated since it is a ugly trouble.

Regards,

Adolfo.