After some tests it seems to work. Good!!!!

Adolfo.

From: "Adolfo Miguelez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: help!!!!! SOS.
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:38:22 +0000

Thanks Kristian,

I have been also investigating the issue. I found about ThreadLocal variables as variables that are aware in a per thread basis, and belongs to the Java specs. They allow to use a singleton classes with no problems of concurrence.

=:-)

New stuff for me. If someone has any experience with this kind of variables, feedback is welcome.

Anyway, refactoring is the obvious technical chance, but not the best "political" one, you know.... Usually technical and political reasons use to walk in oposite directions. :-)

If this kind of variables perfoms as specs says, is the right solution, better even that passing the request or the session in the call getData(...) since developer of extended actions does not need to be aware of request or session in their calls. We can store transparently for user the request in the BaseAction and get it back in the getData() method.

Thanks a lot for your feedback,

Adolfo.